Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Date A Cowboy? The Conclusion

I ended up deactivating my Date A Cowboy account. The disadvantages of being a free member were too great. I was okay with not being able to send messages. I learned when the man with whom I had exchanged flirts sent me a message, I was not able to receive messages either. I can only imagine what he must be thinking when I didn't respond to his message.

I suggested that they allow free members to send and receive one message. I told them if they did that, I'd think about reactivating my account. Their response: "Thanks for your suggestion we will look forward into it." I get the feeling that's a polite way of saying, "We're not going to do that" similar to how the Japanese generally don't come right out and say no.

Another site that intrigues me is Equestrian Singles. Like most sites, most benefits are only available to paid members. Free members do have access to chat rooms, event calendar and an initial posting, so maybe there are more possibilities there. It seems like it could be a better choice than Date A Cowboy. The February, 2013 issue of Horse & Rider did a feature on the site, including five success stories. Equestrian Singles happens to be based in Texas, so that's a big plus in my mind.

A Google search gave links to other equestrian dating sites. I found one that looks like it might be worth checking out. Free members can't send messages, but they can read and reply to messages other members have sent.

I confess to being a little leery of online dating sites. How do I know what he writes in his profile is true? How do I even know that he's single? Sure, we could meet face-to-face and there may be no tan line on his left ring finger. But not every married man wears a wedding band. George Strait doesn't and he's been married to his high school sweetheart for more than forty years.

I may look into other equestrian dating sites. But I'm fairly certain I won't be reactivating my Date A Cowboy account any time in the forseeable future.

I do still want to find a cowboy of my own. After all, the t-shirt I'm wearing today says "Plays Well With Cowboys." (In spite of my post from June 20, 2013, he doesn't have to be a Japanese cowboy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment