Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Belligerent Bronc

Recently, it has felt like life gave me a belligerent bronc and that malevolent mare bucked me off as soon as we were out of the chute.

Where I am right now is not where I want to be. On the other hand, it has given me the opportunity to trust God like I've never needed to before. The Bible says, "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Psalm 119:105, NIV+ I've heard that the kind of light the psalmist was familiar with would give only enough light for the next step.

That's what I need to learn to do. To trust God to lead me one step at a time. As I work on learning to do that, I find my needs are being met in one way or another. Not my wants, but my needs. Part of this has meant putting almost all my collectibles on eBay, using a company that takes care of the listing, selling and shipping, then gives me me a check later. It has worked out better than it would have if I had tried to do it on my own. It's also been an easy way to get rid of things that were cluttering up both my life and my apartment.

In this period of transition, I've been able to discover what's important and what's not. I've been re-assessing my priorities. Clinging to things isn't what I want my life to be about. I need to remember that being a cowgirl of faith means trusting God with every aspect of my life and know and believe He wants what's best for me. Then I need to obey what He tells me to do. Like an old hymn says, "Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus."

Someday I will get back on that malevolent mare and I will ride her for the full eight seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment