Thursday, July 18, 2013

Take Delight In The Lord

"Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 (NIV+)

There's a lot of information packed into that one verse. I think some people only read the last part of the verse "He will give you the desires of your heart" and ignore the condition for having that happen "Take delight in the LORD."

What does it mean to take delight in the Lord? To me, it means He's at the center of my life and everything I do revolves around Him and His will. Nice words, but I fail to reach that ideal more often than I do reach it. Why is it hard at times to take delight in the Lord? After all, everything I have comes from Him. How can I not take delight in the fact that the Creator of the Universe actually cares about every detail of my life?

When I take delight in Him, the desire of my heart becomes what He desires. If I really do take delight Him, I will already have the desires of my heart.

True, there are other things I want - I want to be a successful children's novelist and horse artist. I want to spend the rest of my life with my very own cowboy of faith. But with Jesus at the center of my life, all the other things I want are just dessert.

From now on. I want Jesus to be the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep and the first thing on my mind when I wake up. This cowgirl wants to ride for His brand first, last and always.

"Whom have I heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You." Psalm 73:25 (NIV+)


No comments:

Post a Comment